You can download episodes manually:
To download all episodes from the download queue bring up the Download queue section from the navigation drawer and tap the Download queue action from the queue's action bar.
- by choosing an episode's download action it's download will start immediately
- by choosing an episode's Add to download queue action it will be added to the end of the download queue
Automatic DownloadsBut in most cases you do not want to perform downloads manually. This is where the download settings at Settings > Download come in handy:
- Automatic download queue: Specifies which epsidoes should be added automatically to the download queue. The following options are available:
- Add episodes only manually: No episodes will be added automatically to the queue
- Automatically add playlist episodes: Whenever an episode is added to the playlist it is also added to the download queue (except it already has been downloaded)
- Automatically add library episodes: All episodes in your library (not those in the inbox) are added to the download queue
- Automatic download: Specifies when the download queue will be automatically downloaded. The following options are available:
- No automatic download: Download will never be started automatically
- On non-metered connections (Wifi): Will automatically start to download the episodes from the queue when your device is booked into a non-metered connection (normally a Wifi-connection). The download will be paused as soon as you switch to a normal mobile connection to prevent costs.
- On all connections: Will automatically start to download the episodes from the queue whenever a connection is available