The following is the list of permissions required by uPod and a description of what they are used for.
- modify or delete the contents of your SD card; test access to protected storage:
Used for managing podcast coverart and media files on your external storage.
- add or remove, find or accounts on the device:
Used to authenticate you against your uPod account using your Google account. These permissions do not provide uPod access to your Google password.
- full network access:
Used to synchronize with the uPod servers and to download coverart and media files.
- receive data from Internet; read Google service configuration:
Used for battery and network saving synchronization where the uPod server informs your device when new data for it is available.
- view network connections:
Allows uPod to recognize when entering and leaving wifi or mobile networks to automatically trigger downloads according to your preferences.
- prevent device from sleeping:
Allows uPod to keep the device alive while synchronizing, downloading or playing audio and to keep the screen on while playing video.
- Google Play license check:
Used to verify whether your uPod license is valid.