I suggest you ...

Web app

I know this app is still in beta, so this is a long term request, but I just want to put it out there. The purpose of a web app is so that I can access it anywhere, specifically on my computer, not just on my mobile devices.

595 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel HsiehSamuel Hsieh shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sven WiegandAdminSven Wiegand (CEO, uPod) commented  · 

@Matthias: To be honest, I don't think, that the web app will ever come. Maintaining the Android app is already hard enough in the little free time I have. Creating and maintaining an additional web app is unrealistic at the moment.

• Matthias ViehwegerMatthias Viehweger commented  · 

Since pod.care has gone the way of the Dodo, this is in flux again. Is a frontend (a simple listing with links) now easier thanks to the GDrive-Storage? It feels so close :-)

• Martin GrossertMartin Grossert commented  · 

maybe the new pod.care projekt is helpful here?

The problem is, that Feedly is a news reader and not a podcast player. Things like playlist simply don't exist and so I think it wouldn't be a good choice.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Rather than creating your own webapp because of the time and resources it would take (understandable btw), why not integrate w/ Feedly and use their API's?

The provided link looks quite interesting unfortunately I can't try it at the moment as GitHub blocked the downloads. Looking forward to this, but in the end it won't be a replacement for a real web app.

Developing Google Chrome apps is completely different from developing Android apps, so unfortunately no easy solution here...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Not sure how similar coding in Google Chrome Apps is compared to Android Apps. But if its similar it might be a quick way to get upod on to a PC, until a web app can be developed. Thanks

OK, I see that a website for managing and listening/watching podcasts is the most wanted feature. But this is a big one that will require a lot of work. For now I will continue to concentrate on the Android app. So you will need a little patience.

• Philip OlbrichPhilip Olbrich commented  · 

yes something like that, I understand that there is a lot behind this feature. But with Tasker integration + AutoRemote it should be possible to achieve something similar with a lot less work

@Philip: Ah okay, got it :-) Maybe here a "remote control feature" in the android app to control the playback on another device would be more suitable. But nevertheless this feature sounds like far away future ;-)

It is, but I would have to reconnect my bluetooth headset every time I switch phone-tablet. It would be easier to have a option like "play on other device", altough I realise this is a somewhat bigger feature

@Philip: And your phone is not an Android device? Because if it is you could simply install uPod their?

I use uPod on my Tablet, but when I'm on the road and the tablet is in my backpack, I would like to use my phone to manage uPod remotely without have to unpack every time

I would also like that, especially if it is optimised for mobile devices (so I can manage upod which runs on my tablett via my smart phone) and I can play/pause etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base