I suggest you ...

Mark as listened

An option to mark an episode (or all the episodes of a podcast) as already listened

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gabriele a.k.a. gabbre shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminSven Wiegand (CEO, uPod) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Andreas: There is a way to bulk remove 1000 episodes from the inbox: The default view for the inbox is the podcast grid, but I prefer the grouped episodes view -- in this view you get listed all episodes grouped by podcast. This view contains two buttons in the action bar at the top: One to add all inbox episodes to the library and one to dismiss all inbox episodes.

I use this to scan through the episodes, manually add the interesting ones to the library and then hit the "x"-button to dismiss all others.

Hope this helps...

• Andreas Dirscherl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're right, deleting from the library would work. What I still would need though (and that is basically what I thought the "mark as listened" option would imply is to batch "Dismiss" all new episodes in the inbox. Example: I just added a feed which led to well over 1100(!) episodes in the inbox. And I definitely do not want to select them all manually in order to get rid of the old ones.
        I feel there should be a way to do this. Am I missing something?
        Thank you for your hard work!

• AdminSven Wiegand (CEO, uPod) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the benefit of deleting them from the library?

In contrast to other podcast players, new episodes go to the inbox first. As soon as you add them to the library you are kind of saying "I want to listen to this". So if you no longer plan to listen to an episode, why not delete it from the library?

Feedback and Knowledge Base