I suggest you ...

Support for podcasts listened from beginning

I have some podcasts with audiobooks. I listen it from oldest episodes to newest ones, because episode freshness doesn't matter and because some books are splitted into several episodes which must be listened in order. uPod have ability to show episodes from oldest to newest, but it still shows last episode as new while there are lot of old unlistened ones. And it is necessary to have option "mark N first episodes as funished" during subscription.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kriomant shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kriomant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, "mark finished until here" (for oldest-to-newest order) work fine, tnx.

• AdminSven Wiegand (CEO, uPod) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got it.

The second part is already there: Bring up the podcast's episode list and select "Mark finished from here" from the episode's menu within in the list to mark this episode and all below (depends on the sorting) as finished.

• kriomant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Usually podcast clients assume that I want to listen newest episodes only. So when I add podcast with 300 episodes, they suggest me to download and listen episodes, say, 290-300.

However, there are podcasts (like audiobooks or foreign language courses, etc) which should be listened from first episode to last it that order.

What I want is that when I add such podcast, client suggests me to download episodes 1-10 (not 290-300), and when I have listened episode 1, then episode 11 is suggested/downloaded. So I always have 10 (or another number of) OLDEST unlistened episodes ready for listening.

Additionally it is absolutely necessary to have option "mark N oldest episodes as listened" when adding such podcasts. Currently you have to select episodes one-by-one to mark them as listened, which is very boring, when you have listened 180 episodes already.

Feedback and Knowledge Base